The Government of India offers scholarships to interested Officials/professionals in Government, Public and Private Sectors, Universities, from Russia to undergo training courses in institutes of excellence in India which empower them with not just professional skills, but prepare them for an increasingly globalized world. There are 47 empanelled institutions conducting 280 short-term, medium-term and long-term courses everyyear. The training Programme is demand-driven and subjects selected are of interest to partner countries for their working professionals on a wide range of skills and disciplines such as accounts, management, computers, information technology, telecommunications, entrepreneurship development, small medium enterprises (SME) business development, rural development, English-language proficiency, mass communication, educational planning and management, pharmaceuticals, education and research, etc.
Eligibility criteria for admission to courses
• Academic qualifications as laid down by the Institute for the Course concerned.
• Working knowledge of English required following the Course.
• Age between 25 to 45 years.
Facilities provided to the ITEC participants are as follows:
• Excursion fare/economy class return air ticket
• Visa on Gratis basis
• Course Fee
• Accommodation – Hostel/Hotel
• Living Allowance @ Rs. 25000/- per month
• Book Allowance @ Rs. 5000/-
• Study tours during the course (including places of historical importance)
The expenditure on the above facilities is met fully by the Ministry of External Affairs under its ITEC Programme.