Tel/fax: +7 (495) 433-14-80
- founded in 1995 (after reorganizing the faculty of Economics and law)
- more than 1800 students
- 9 departments
- about 180 lecturers, among hem 3 academicians and corresponding members, 32 full professors and 71 PhD’s
Dean – Victor Fyodorovich Ponka, PhD (Law), associate professor.
The uniqueness of tutoring at the faculty of Law that has its historical explanations is that alongside Russian legislation and law, other legislative systems of the world are widely presented. These are: Anglo-American and continental European, as well as the legislation of developing countries. International law is taught intensively.
Students of the faculty of Law take part in professional legal practices. While working at the Students’ Advisory Bureau at PFUR, students gain experience working with the public and local authorities. In addition, leading Russian lawyers regularly give master classes at the faculty of Law. The training program is aimed at providing special knowledge necessary for the future professional activity. By their 4th year of studies, most students have gained profound work experience.
The PFUR faculty of Law is one of the few in this country offering a Master’s degree in law. Law students participate in international exchange programs on a yearly basis. They undergo study courses at universities in France, Spain, Italy, the CzechRepublic, the USA, Finland, Austria, China and other countries.
After graduating from the University, law students go over to work at educational institutions, law-enforcement agencies, government and state administration agencies, internal and external agencies of foreign relations in Russia, the CIS countries and far abroad and at international organizations. A lot of them have made brilliant careers in their sphere of activity. At present, some of them are ministers, well-known politicians or public figures.
Major field of research
Modern systems of law and interaction between them. International law and international legal order in the 21st century.
Lines of study
• Theory and history of state and law
• Constitutional and municipal law
• Civil law, family law, private international law
• Labor law, social security law
• Law of crime, criminal executive law
• Criminal process, science of criminal law, forensic enquiry, theory of operational-investigative activity
• International law
• International protection of human rights
• European law
• Administrative and financial law
• Civil practice
• Arbitration proceedings
• Judicial power, procuracy supervision, organization of the law enforcement activity, the Bar, notariat
• International law
Forms of study: intramural, intra-extramural (evening),extramural, second degree courses.
Postgraduate studies: 10 specialties
3 Doctorate and PhD dissertation councils